Collegiate Climate Policy Institute
March 15 – 17, 2022
March 15th – 17th
The Climate Initiative is excited to present the Collegiate Climate Policy Institute. CCPI will take place from March 15th to the 17th and is a three-day virtual intensive training that will provide young climate advocates with the knowledge and skills needed to be an effective climate advocate in Congress as well as in their own communities! A selection of activities and workshops will be offered to young leaders to give them a taste of what advocacy is like at the federal level and teach them the ways that policy and advocacy work together to provide solutions for our communities. Some of the proposed workshops include:
|Climate Advocacy Across the Political Spectrum||A panel where three people from across the political spectrum have a conversation about cooperation and what climate change|
|How to Talk to Legislators About Climate Change||Students will pick a specific policy that they support relative to climate change to discuss with the Congressional office.|
And so much more!
You would be a great fit for this program if:
- You are between the ages of 18-25
- You are passionate about finding solutions to the climate crisis
- You are interested in learning more about our government and the ways that policies are created
- You are willing to work both in Congress as well as within your local community on developing policy solutions to the climate crisis
- You are open-minded and will actively participate in workshops and discussions about climate change with a diverse group of youth from across the country
Registration period has ended.